Become a Nanny Intern Training Family
As a Nanny Training Family, you will be offering your home and parenting knowledge for 20 weeks to support the learning of a Nanny Intern in your home for two 7 hour days per week.
In exchange for your supervision and guidance of a Nanny Intern in your family home, you will benefit from an extra pair of hands to help with childcare FREE of charge.
What is involved for the family?
To be eligible, you must have a minimum of two pre-school children under the age of six (not enrolled in school).
Aged from 17 to 25, our students will initially have limited prior experience caring for children, and as a training family, you will need to be able to commit to providing direct supervision and guidance.
What is the cost?
The Nanny Intern Programme is free to Training Families.
What is involved in the application process?
PORSE will assess applicant families on suitability through a home visit and interview process, and will also provide you with the opportunity to meet potential Nanny Interns prior to the intake commencing. There are some criteria that families must meet, particularly:
- Training Families must have at least TWO pre-school children
- Pre-school children must not be attending any other ECE service during work placement days
- Commit to two 7 hour work placement days within the hours of 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday
- Must register with PORSE In-Home Childcare
- The home must provide a safe environment and meet the 2008 Licensing Criteria for Home-Based Care as set by the Ministry of Education.
How do I register to become a Nanny Intern Training Family?
Just get in touch! You can contact our friendly team to enrol by either emailing email@example.com or calling us on 0800 626 643