Nanny, Nanny Share and Au Pair
Personalised, quality childcare, in your own home.
A PORSE Nanny is the ultimate in one-on-one care, offering stability, security and peace of mind.
PORSE will help match you with a nanny to care for your child within your own home (up to four children). With PORSE, your nanny will have access to the PORSE activity programme, ensuring your child will get the best of both worlds - low-ratio care provided within your own home environment, combined with the opportunity to participate in wider PORSE community events including PlaySchool, gym sessions, music and outings.
In addition to providing quality early childhood care and education, having a nanny in your own home provides additional support such as doing your children’s washing, preparing their meals, doing the school run or driving children to extracurricular activities. Although common childhood illnesses are less frequent with care provided in-home, your nanny can also support you if your child is unwell.
PORSE Nannies have access to ongoing training opportunities and support through the PORSE Education and Training Programme, including monthly visits from a qualified teacher.
Your Nanny will be pre-screened by PORSE, and then employed directly by you. PORSE can also help make the process even simpler with payroll services, so you don’t need to worry about how to process wages, ACC, subsidies and Kiwisaver.
Hourly pay rates and hours of care are negotiated directly with your Nanny, and vary by location, qualifications and experience.
Benefits of employing a PORSE Nanny:
- FREE matching services – no placement fee
- PORSE Nannies have all passed a New Zealand Police check, reference check and have a current First Aid certificate. Optional requirements such as a full, clean driver’s license can also be checked as part of the matching service
- your child/ren cared for in your own home (maximum of four children)
- receive extra help caring for your children, such as doing the children’s washing, preparing their meals, and doing the school run or extracurricular activities
- the best of both worlds – one-on-one care combined with regular opportunities to attend PORSE community outings and events
- FREE weekly playschool, gym groups and music sessions
- FREE ongoing support and development from a qualified Early Childhood teacher to ensure your child/ren get the best start
- market-leading and ongoing professional support for both nannies and families
- access to our extensive education and training programmes
- payroll services available
- FREE sample employment contracts, and guidelines for employment
- 20 hours ECE government subsidy* available for children aged three to five years.
* Minimum hour requirements apply to receive the ECE subsidy. Please note the 20 Hours ECE will not cover the full weekly cost of a nanny, because there are minimum wage requirements that exceed the amount of subsidy, however you can expect to reduce your weekly childcare cost by up to $90 - $100.00 depending on the number of childcare hours required.
With a PORSE Nanny share you can have the best of both worlds. We have many families teaming up with like-minded parents to share a nanny; an option that can make having a nanny very affordable.
How does it work?
With a Nanny Share, you and one other family will jointly employee a nanny to care for your children together, allowing you to share the cost and gain the benefits of extra help at home.
For example, you may agree for the children to be cared for in your home on Monday’s and Tuesday’s, and at your partner family’s home on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. You can agree with your partner family around the timings and details such as provision of meals, and how the cost is shared.
If you would like to share a PORSE Nanny, you can contact us to pair you with another family, or if you already have another family happy to share a nanny with you, we can get started on matching you.
We have a helpful tip sheet for setting up a Nanny Share agreement here.
Call our team today on 0800 023 456 to find out more, or look for a nanny here.
PORSE has a partnership with Au Pair Link, New Zealand’s leading and largest au pair agency.
An au pair is a live-in nanny, but the relationship they develop with your child defies classification - they become their best friend, their number one supporter and ultimately, a new member of a family.
In addition to providing live-in care for your child, au pairs provide a unique cultural experience for your family.
Through our partnership with Au Pair Link, we can match families and au pairs, and provide ongoing support throughout New Zealand.