Educator Business Start-Up
Be a stay-at-home mum. Run your own childcare business. Work from home.
We’re on the hunt for people wanting to work from home and make a living from it running their own childcare business. The demand for families looking for in-home childcare is increasing so start your own business with PORSE today!
Not sure about running your own business? You’ll get full support from PORSE, the largest and oldest in-home childcare provider in NZ. As a PORSE in-home Educator, you’re joining a team of over 1000 Educators that run their own PORSE childcare business. Collaborate with likeminded people and get access to the benefits of being part of a nationwide business.
Plus, you’ll get access to free professional development and can study towards a NZ Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care Level 4 for free!
Most importantly, as a PORSE in-home Educator you’ll experience the joy of working with children in small numbers. You’ll have the time to enjoy the wonder of a child learning something new that you have taught, because you’ve provided them with the environment and relationship that allows them to feel safe and secure.
As an in-home Educator, you'll be working as an independent contractor caring for children in your own home. This means you'll set up your own business and determine your income and conditions of service. You'll receive full PORSE Payroll support with family payments and calculations for tax benefits.
Many PORSE Educators are family members already caring for grandchildren, or nieces and nephews. PORSE will support you to work with extended family members, recognising that relatives are important to the welfare and daily care of young children. PORSE Payroll will administer any or all family payments, subsidies and allowances.
- Take care of up to four children (at one time) in your own home
- Set your own hours, rates and conditions of service
- Free ongoing professional development and workplace training
- One-on-one support from your on-the-ground PORSE Programme Tutor
- Payroll support, with family payments and calculations provided for your annual tax benefits
- Tax deductions for working from home
- Discounted Public Liability Insurance with the PORSE group scheme
- Free or discounted PORSE St John’s First Aid Course
- Free PORSE website listing and access to resources, business support and programme tools
- Free PORSE marketing and promotional support, which help to support and grow your business
- Free Community Programme events and outings, including PlaySchools and Music Groups
- Free Educator Registration
- Access to networking and social opportunities with like-minded Educators in your area
PORSE is natural childcare. We stand for authenticity. Authentic relationships, environments and experiences. We love nothing more than seeing children flourish, knowing that we are helping them make positive connections for later in life.
We’re the largest and oldest in-home childcare provider in NZ. We started 25 years ago and now we operate nationwide from Kaitaia to Invercargill. Our Head Office is based in Havelock North, Hawke’s Bay with 19 offices across the country to support you at a more local level. Employing over 150 staff, you’ll be supported by a large team, including a marketing department.
Whether you choose to be an educator, a nanny, or an au pair, you will be fully supported to deliver the PORSE programme within the national ECE curriculum, Te Whāriki, with monthly visits from a trained early childhood teacher.