- provide care from their own home – as part of your decision-making you will be able to visit the Educator’s home
- care for up to four children under five years old, with a maximum of two children under two at any one time
- set their own hours, days and rate.
- provide care for your children in your family home
- may undertake additional tasks by agreement – for example preparing meals for your child, cleaning up afterwards, and other tasks relating to your child’s care
- are employed by you at a mutually agreed hourly rate
- can be shared by one or more families who have similar care requirements