The Internet offers the chance to collect information about site users. This information can be personally identifiable information or aggregated information. However your privacy is important to us at PORSE In-home Childcare Ltd and we want to be sure that you understand the terms and conditions relating to the way in which we collect information and the use of that information.
Our Privacy Notice is governed by the Privacy Act 1993. It tells you what information we collect from our websites, what we do with it, and your rights to view, correct or change it. The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (http://www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of Privacy Act 1992 and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
The information that we collect from our websites
PORSE In-home Childcare Ltd operates the following websites www.porse.co.nz;educators.porse.co.nz; www.letsporse.co.nz. As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
- Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you enquire about services we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters, event registration or competitions. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you chose not to provide it.
- Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who we share this information with
We will not share the information that we collect with any third parties apart from in the following circumstances:
- The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any use by them that we have not authorised.
- The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
- Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
- If we have asked your prior permission (which we would usually do at the time of collection), we may share the information with specified third parties.
What else do we do with personally identifiable information?
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To process any requests that you might make on our site.
- To help provide any other services that you have requested.
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to your and your interests.
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake.
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
What about cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (eg Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (eg Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our sites from. With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our site.
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
- Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit.
What about our advertisers and business partners?
This Privacy Notice only relates to our sites. You should be aware that we are not responsible for the practices of our advertisers or business partners. Our site may contain links to other sites. You should check their privacy policies before providing personally identifiable information to them or any other third party.
Opting in and opting out
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our services.
Can we change this notice?
In order to reflect the fact that our business is growing constantly, we reserve the right to change this notice at any time. We will notify site users of any changes to the Privacy Notice.
Your right to access your information
The Privacy Act 1993 gives you the right to access and correct information we may hold about you. To find out more about how to do this, please contact:
PORSE National Marketing Department, email@example.com